I've come to the conclusion that the man at the post office on Kavenaugh is sending in his application for one of Santa's elves. There were at least 5 other frantic customers, plus me; winter daylight was burning down my running time, my bill needed to be mailed in less than 5 min. to meet the 4pm collection time, and I had been waiting at least 15 minutes already. Simply stated- I was only in need of quick, to the point service. But I got this instead...
-"I need a book of stamps."
-"What kind young lady?"
-"Do you have holiday stamps."
-"Only during the holidays"
-"Okay what about Christmas stamps?"
-"One book or two?"
-"One."
-"Are you sure. They are small."
-"Okay, maybe two."
-"Good I can pay my truck note."
All simply stated with a smile on his face.
I'd hire him in an instant. You would think that 1 min. 20 second exchange would do nothing but bring more frustration, to an already hell of a post-office headache. But it didn't .
Ran all the way to the deaf school and back, with several block circles in between. My fingers are still so numb that I am getting red squiggles all over this entry, meaning that I am misspelling almost every word. Oh well. At least this gives me permission to eat as much etouffee tonight at E.'s as I want!
Polka Dot Love from shopriffraff.com
12 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment