Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quick Blog

Hoping my computer doesn't go dead before this blog is done. I don't really THINK I have much to write about, but who knows. Sometimes, random thoughts that require a tangent pop into my head. Guess I could get up and go retrieve the charger, BUT I just got all snugged up in my snuggie. Not sure if loosing the acquired heat is worth going to grab the cord.

Watching a very, very interesting SEASON PREMIER of Millionaire Matchmaker. Patti is a smart woman. Don't really need the dating advice right now- since my dating life is non-existent at this point- BUT she gives some promising and enlightening advice. Number one token advice tonight "Guys marry Virtue, they don't marry V (*insert dirty V word here*)" Is that not fabulous or what?!? Said by her co-worker regarding her selection process for setting-up Millionaires- "She PUKES assessment." bahahahaha

Face treatment number 5 was today, meaning she jacked the laser up to levels that would never be used on a bionic woman. After walking out of the room this was our conversation:
"Are you going back to work today, Lindsey?"
"Yes."
"Hm,okay.... well you are a little red today. You might want to put on some make-up. Let me get you an ice pack..."
She has never said that to me before. And I always go to work immediately after. First thought that ran through my head : "This MUST be bad..." Took a look in the mirror and said- no not "whassupppp, yeaaaa"- but "OH MY GOSH" My face looked like it had been slashed with a whip. 5 horizontal, raised, red, lines were streaked across my face. I thought the pain was a little more intense than the previous 4 sessions, and the artwork on my face proved it. Went to work, slapped on some make-up in the parking lot, and marched right in like a champ. I am So pleased with my face treatments. My scaring and deep red coloring has not completely disappeared; but the change of the surface has definitely stood out to other people. I feel much more confident. One more treatment left and then 3 Microderm treatments. Wondering about how I am going to maintain the absence of scaring color during the summer seasons. Probably SPF 75, and staying away from the tanning bed. Pasty pale will have to do so that the money Pops willingly forked over doesn't go to waste.

Besides work and a nice evening walk with Mary, that's about all I did today. Oh, besides make a trip to Kroger because I was DYING for a DietDP. Only to find out they have emptied their shelves because of their soon-to-begin renovations. So had to take it all the way to Sonic. Diet DP in hand right now.

0 comments: