1. That I am having too much fun...
Yes, it did cross my mind, that I am having too much fun considering that I am in graduate school, and need a sufficient amount of sleep, brain cells, energy, etc...to function and perform at my best. Having a weekend like this past one DOES not contribute to the effort to be an A+, high functioning student. But then, I snapped back into reality and realized, THIS IS THE CHANCE to meet new people, experience new things, make mistakes, suffer consequences, learn life-lessons,- so no, I am not having too much fun. Not a chance. No regrets.
From that explosion of random justifications for wild behavior I guess I can go ahead give a play-by-play of my weekend. Friday night the Auspie crowd came over for pre-drinks and food. Mix in a little Wii Dance party, animal picture game, and circle of death shots in the kitchen, and you get a PERFECT night. So perfect in fact, that i got the opportunity to leave the bar early- shout out to Laurel and Kaley for peacing out early to drop my pathetic self off at home. Saturday we all BOUNDED out of our beds to head to Oaklawn. Despite the rain, and hangovers-which didn't hit until our arrival in HS- we had a blast. Katie even one 75 bucks. SO JEAL. I skimped on the betting until I can go back with Dayna and Gordon. As if we needed more alcohol we came back to Senor Tequillas, then to Kaleys for girls game night. I wrapped up the weekend with 8 episodes of platinum weddings and 2 lifetime movies. Finally feeling like myself again today.
Currently sitting at starbucks emailing, and typing notes. Plus whipping out the phonetics book for some review.
2. i miss winter weather
Yes, the 60 degree-ness feels absolutely wonderful, BUT IT IS January, and I still have 3 new winter outfits I haven't been able to wear. Highs of 30 need to come back soon. You all will be begging for cool weather come july. No doubts about it!
Should have blogged yesterday. Seemed like I had so much more to say. Guess I will get back to business. Have a fabulous week everyone!
Polka Dot Love from shopriffraff.com
12 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment