First of all let me say this: To God alone be all the glory. He is my Father, my Maker, and my Best Friend. Above Him there is nothing else, and I seek daily to do His will alone.
So, I had the typical Tuesday. Worked five hours today and squeezed in two clients and a lunch break. Tell me how that adds up to an 9 hour day? Well lets do the math...
Work 8-10:15
Prepare for client 10:15-10:30
Client 10:30-11:30
Clean 11:30-11:45
Work 11:45-3:15
Prepare for Client2 3:15-4
Client 4-5
Yep, told you it added up to an 9 hour day. It's those preparation breaks that add all unnecessary time to a seemingly already overwhelming day. Nothing of significance occurred at all during my clinic day. Got home just in time for a dusk run. I knew my body was a little angry at me for all of the snow-day fun I engaged in. But until my run today, I had done a dang good job of suppressing that subconscious anger. Then 5 minutes into the run...BOOM. The harshest form of aggression I could take in the form of side cramps, shallow breathing, and tense shoulders. Called it quits after 30 minutes. Look- I admitted it, today I was a quitter. But I honestly couldn't go another block past Markham or Spruce on the return back.
Progress note and note typing time took double the time it should have tonight. Maybe becuase I was tied up on the following 3 forms of communication: IChat, Facebook, and Email. I will second Ashley Powers with a drink in my hand when she says that the communication of technology will be the death of me in grad school if I don't soon get rid of this addicion. Hi, my name is Lindsey Alayne McDaniel, and I am addicted to all of the following : Facebook, Blogger, GChat, IChat, GMail, Twitter, Skype, Blackberry Instant Messenger, VideoChat, and does my UAMS email domain count? I would say so.
And now that I have typed all of that up, I can see how seriously pitiful it is. BUT, I will give myself some credit here and say that I can only keep in touch with my friends during the week through those forms of communication. Everyone has 9-5 big girl/boy jobs that allow for no text messaging or phone chatting during office hours, and after 5 I am still doing NOTHING else but homework.
So as I was sitting on my couch , typing progress notes and working on a semester report, I was simultaneously sipping on a DietDP from Sonic. Cherry included, of course. And just for those of you who DONT know me that well, it WAS a Route44. Feet propped up on the coffee table, enjoying a little Letterman. This tickle feeling kept going across my ankle. No big deal right? Until I look down to see an ARMY of frickin' ants marching across my ankle to reach the top of my Sonic drink to partake in what little DietDp droplets I had left behind. AH, ANNNNNTS! I hate ants. Mary and I always try to do such a great job keeping our house SPIC and SPAN, esp. since Teresa has been let go. And seriously, the timing of the whole thing just throws me off. I had only been in that posish. for about an hour and 30 minutes. How in the WORLD did a whole army, and I'm talking a steady flow, of ants find their way to my drink that quickly.
Freaking out, I chatted my friend Tori and MG with the code red of the ant attack. Tori's suggestion: hairspray. MG's suggestion: make an Ant farm. (O.k MG ?!?!) Rushed to my bathroom and grabbed my fifth most favorite thing on this earth (1. Bible 2. Bunny from mom and Dad 3. MacBook 4. Digital Camera 5. Big Sexy HairSpray)
Those ants met their maker, and with 4 quick "pssssshhhhhhh" sounds they were nothing but leeeeetle black dots on my coffee table. What a waste of hairspray. Big Sexy, turned Dead Sexy for the sake of cleanliness and of course, my Diet DP.
Love you all, Linds
Polka Dot Love from shopriffraff.com
12 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment