Wednesday, December 9, 2009

To-Do, Part A

My list of to do's once first semester of Grad. school is complete:


1. Read Twilight- Yes, I am jumping on the bandwagon. Although I swore to myself I wouldn't go there. But, it really is like a cult. You get involved in a cocktail conversation with 3 other girls who have read them and you might as well tab-out and catch a taxi home. Otherwise, there you will sit, for the rest of the night, with nothing to say, looking like the withdrawn, unsocial one of the table. What single, twenty-something girl wants to be looked at from across the bar in that way? Exactly. So for the sake of my single-girl status, I am picking up the first book the night of my last final. Confession- maybe I am a tad-bit excited to see what this Edward fella has to offer.

2. Really get to know my new Mac- The other night I was at Starbucks, studying, catching the occasional glimpse of the really attractive guy by the window (my new favorite place to scope out the professional, young men in LR). Plugged in my earphones, turned up John Mayer to an medium volume setting, and got about 30 seconds through Waiting on the World to Change. While gazing towards Bachelor Number 567 by the window, my incredible sense of observation noticed that there were several customers looking my way. Apparently , I had not put the Mac on "earphone setting", thus giving everyone in the store a chance to enjoy JM. Ugh, how embarrassing- "Hello, my name is Lindsey and I am a new MacBook owner."

3. Take a trip to Helena, AR- My grandparents died when I was young, incredibly too young. My great-grandmother out-lived her son by about 8 years. My mom has since continued relationships with her parents' friends. She makes trips weekly to visit Mrs. Helen- who lives in Helena, haha, cute- loads her in the car and carts her around town- beauty shop, dollar tree, local pharmacy, etc.... She always sends my mom back with a little "gum money" for me. Enough to supplement the recent Friday shopping trips I have been enjoying. I really need to go see her over break. Mom said her body is giving out, and week by week she can see how feeble she gets. I would never forgive myself if I didn't get the chance to thank her in person. The weekly thank-you notes are getting monotonous;especially since every single one ends with "I really hope I can get down there soon to pay you a little visit"

If you know me, 3 "things" is not really a complete to-do list. So there are more; but, the second pot of coffee's done. Could really continue but I need to get back to studying. I will leave you with task number 4: Blog more.

0 comments: