Monday, January 4, 2010

Finally! A blogging subject!






So it has come to me, I finally have something to officially blog about. Lets begin with a little Prologue:
In about 10th grade I discovered a new love, which quickly turned into an obsession. Running. Actually, make that distance running. Truth be told, I was a pudgy thing back in the tween years. So, when I decided that it was time to care about my physical appearance a little more, I turned to running. My parents were marathon runners; although, their appearance now would never suggest it (no offense Mumsie and Dad) But that is how they met. And then I came a long and their running time, of course, began devoted to Number 1: ME!

I began at our country club and it started with about 1 mile on the treadmill. Before I knew it in one afternoon I could whip out 8 miles on the thing. I didn't go every day, but almost everyday. My testament stands; if you want to loose weight, turn to running paired with a decent appetite and you will be in shape in NO TIME. College brought me an even bigger obsession with running. Especially since the "college gym" mean "college guys" trying to impress "freshmen girls" in the gym. Oh yes, I had an grossly- abundant serving of eye candy to binge on during each moment, of each workout. Running obsession led me to running a half, then a full marathon. Any day if you asked me to go out and run a half, I probably could have. When running an average of 7 miles a day, 5 days a week the endurance just becomes second nature. Running was my drug- no this is not a TRUTH commercial, it's honesty.

Where are we today?
Since the move back to AR I have been too entirely caught up in other things besides running. It got to a point during Christmas break when I didn't run for a week and a half. Two days after Christmas I wound up with my head burried on my mother's shoulder, in tears, explaining why I was so upset with myself for my lack of will. I had become so depressed when thinking about what I was able to do, how fit I had been, and how motivated I had been compared to the state I was in- like Little Miss Piggy- all dolled up, but still a pig.
The next day I went to a nearby neighborhood and decided I was going to give it all I had. I ran for 50 minutes strait. Even though still upsetting becuase I was wanting to slow down to a brisk walk with each step past the first 100, this was still more than I had ran in a while.
Since then (besides the 4 days of partying I took off for New Years Eve,Eve, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and Razorback Game day) I kept running

Yesterday's run: in the snow. It was a first and I think that is what gave me the extra "UMPH".

Today was the 2nd good running day. See picture above. I ran the hills of Kavanaugh and Markham for 57 minutes, 53 seonconds for 6 miles. This route is a DRAINING one. The last half of the run consists of the lower part of Kavanaugh hill. I immediately stretched and then got in the bathtub.

Today's run is NOTHING close to the distances I have run in the past. For lack of better words I guess you could say I "let myself go". However, the hills in LR are far more atrocious than the ones I encountered in Ruston.

SO- since my love life is nonexistent for the moment, and I don't have a baby to blog about. I have chosen to blog about: (ready for the title? Drumroll please, let the red curtain rise....)


Road to RUNNING Recovery- of course with a little bit of Big Girl World Drama and Southern Belle sweetness mixed in.


0 comments: